Specialized Practice in File Recovery - Questionnaire
To help us make a recommendation regarding whether our specialized file recovery tools can be applied successfully to your data, please use the following outline to compose a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Describe your damaged or corrupted files:
- What file format are they? (e.g. zip, gzip, bzip2, compress, rar, other)
- Do you know how they were damaged? (e.g. FTP in ASCII mode, bad block on media, other)
- How many files do you have? What are their sizes?
- Describe your uncompressed data:
- What is the source and format of the uncompressed data? (e.g. web server logs, syslog, images, text with fixed-length records, HTML, XML, executables, other) Please provide as much detail as possible.
- Value of data:
- How critical is the data? Are partial or probable recoveries valuable, or are perfect recoveries required?
- How critical is time to recovery? If recovery requires days, weeks, or months of computation, at what point do you lose interest? Is there a date after which the recovery is not worthwhile?
- Can you provide samples:
- Will you be able to provide examples of similar but undamaged data?
- Will you be able to provide examples of the an original file in both damaged and undamaged condition?
Your answers to these questions will provide enough information to make an initial assessment (at no cost) of whether the techniques that we have developed can be applied to your situation.